Thursday, March 24, 2011

"IF" by: Rudyard Kipling...

I really enjoyed this poem. It caused me to think a great deal about some of the ideas that it creates. "If you can dream - and not make dreams your master"... "If you can think - and not make thoughts your aim"...
         When I dream I don't want it to be just another dream. I don't want to live my life in a dream, I want to live the dream. Make it reality. Take chances. Be what I want to be and not what others want of me. When I think I don't want it to be just a thought. When I think I will think big. Go big or go home right? ... I don't want to live in constant thought, granted thinking is a good step, but I want to put those thoughts into actions. I want to live them. My thoughts and my dreams are connected. My thoughts correlate one with my dreams and my dreams with my thoughts... a mystical bond in which if accomplish one, I just about accomplish the other.
        "And lose, and start at your beginnings"... "And never breath a word about your loss;" ... When I lose, which often I will, will I cause that it follow me like a shadow? Or will I let it go, let it fester and pop, then heal and move on in just a short moment after? The loss will be painful of course whether it's an actual loss in a sport or a loved one passes away or a loss of confidence, whatever it may be; will I let it control me? I don't want to live my dreams with regret of a loss, a hole in the heart. I want to live life with no regrets and I will be stronger than before when I overcome my trials...

"And - which is more - you'll be a Man my son!"

1 comment:

  1. This poem made me jealous as well. I liked how you interpreted what certain lines meant to you. All the lines in his poem have such great meaning for everyone who lives and has to deal with things in life. Good job!

    ReplyDelete