Sunday, February 20, 2011

Boulevard of Broken Dreams...

I walk alone... I walk alone... Through the never ending streets with it's never ending names. It doesn't matter whether it's day or night, early morning or late evening, I walk alone... I walk alone. Through pouring rain. Through lightning and thunder. Through a blizzard or through a tornado... it's all the same. People laugh and people cry. It doesn't matter... still I walk alone... I walk alone. There's a street I turn onto filled with past experiences. To my right is a building containing my failures. The one next to it contains my success. I go further down this street till I reach a building that is filled with regrets. This one I enter but soon wish I hadn't... I walk alone... Why do I walk alone? In this building filled of regrets it holds past dreams and dreams of bigger dreams... so many things on this street... so many failures that seem to go on forever... welcome to my boulevard of broken dreams...

2 comments:

  1. I liked how each building had its own role (full of failures, successes, regrets). And I really liked your last line (welcome to my boulevard). I know the last line doesn't seem that special, but I really liked it. It's like you're giving us a tour. I think you could've taken this even further. Take us into the buildings. Give us the full tour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i see that you haven't posted your last assignment smith lee....
    maybe you should do that.

    ReplyDelete