Sunday, February 13, 2011

I'm Thinking About You...

I'm thinking about you like, like you don't even know.
I'm thinking about you like rain thinks about falling.
Like wind thinks about not stalling.
Like your parents think about calling.
I'm thinking about you like pencils think about writing.
and rulers think about measuring...
I'm thinking about you like scissors think about cutting
and paper thinks about... being cut, glued, folded, drawn on or colored.
I'm thinking about you like puppies think about playing.
Like fish think about swimming.
Like frogs think about jumping.
Like water thinks about splashing.
I'm thinking about you like flowers think about blooming
and blooming idiots think about ... who knows what!
I'm thinking about you like builders think about building.
Like hammers think about nails and nails think about hammers.
I'm thinking about you like haters think about hating,
and bullies think about bullying,
and I'm thinking about you like, like you don't even know.
Like a bomb thinks about exploding!
Like hey let's face it, when I'm thinking about you my heart doesn't even think about pumping.
I'm thinking about you like I hope you're thinking about me...

4 comments:

  1. Hmmm, pretty good. You had a few generic expressions in there though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job I liked it, but I feel like you used like a little more than you needed to.. I don't know. You had some awesome lines though. My favorite is "like flowers think about blooming". Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. at of all the ones i've read, this is one of my top 3!! i love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of things thinking about verbs. Too many 'ing' endings. Future reference for future material.

    ReplyDelete