Sunday, May 8, 2011

Why are walruses warmblooded?...

My ordinary world: I'm 18 years old. Played the usual sports that I always do.. well besides the fact I did track this year instead of baseball. Everyday is the same basically, I wake up to my alarm set at 6:30 only to push snooze till about 7. I wash out my retainers, brush my teeth, shower, quickly get dressed, eat on my way to school... then school... and then back home where I eat and watch some ESPN. Around 5:30 I go to work over at the elementary school where I am a sweeper... meaning I vacuum the same rooms everyday. I then come home, get cleaned up, eat some more and then go to bed decently late. This process then repeats itself the next day...
and the next day,
and the next day,
and the next day,
and yeah... pretty much everyday besides Saturday and Sunday where Saturday I mowe lawns and do yard work along with chores. Sunday I go to church, come home, do homework... sometimes... and go to bed.
So .... what would/ will make my ordinary world... my special world??
...
Try an LDS mission! Yeah that'll throw you for a loop! I could possibly be leaving in early to late fall!  But anyways... how about if I married Selena Gomez? Yep! That'd be the day! I wouldn't work a day in my life basically.
Alright so what if I got in an accident and was paralyzed from the waste down? Having to be in a wheelchair the rest of my life. Not being able to play the sports I love or be able to go running or do anything I have found worthwhile in my life... that would definitely be my special world... it would of course suck terribly at first but it would definitely give cause to rethink my life and what's most important to me.
It is like you said Mr. Nelson, we live in these ordinary worlds... something comes up and changes everything, sometimes it's hard, other times it's easy... but that new change becomes our new special world until we've gone through it for a while and it is then ordinary.
Thinking about it... I want to have an extraordinary life... filled with a little bit of ordinary but mostly each day as a call to adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment